QUANTUM TRICK SKIS ARE CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER AND WILL SHIP DECEMBER 15, 2019.
World Record Trick Ski. Made in USA.
This trick ski currently holds the Men's World Trick Record. Anna Gay has also set 2 World Records on this ski and is the reigning World Trick Champion. Check out Anna Gay's World Record.
Stiffer, lighter and designed for more aggressive edging and easier lift. This ski is a carbon fiber layup for a stiff, light and very strong ski. The core is a very light PVC foam. The wider fore-body allows for more surface area on toe tricks and flips. The narrow tip and tail shape allows for the ski to feel like a smaller ski for body overs and spins and will allow you to "load" the ski better. The flat spot adds stability, but the more aggressive rocker gives you better lift. The slight concave bottom allows the ski to ride a little lighter while flat, but tracks like it's on rails.
- Carbon Fiber Layup
- Ultra-light PVC foam core
- Inserts for both front and rear bindings
- 8 front binding inserts for more adjustability
- 8 for the rear plate for a solid hold and forward and aft adjustability
- Fine-tuned edges
- 3 stage rocker, 1.15" Rocker
- Long "sweet spot"
- New tip and tail shape
- Wider forebody
- Molded full length grooves
- Concave bottom
* This ski's rear hole pattern only accepts Quantum's wider,7.5” insert spacing, plate rear binding. Be sure to order the rear plate with your ski. Quantum Dynamic Rear Plate Note: Ski is designed to be used with our unique rear trick plate. Warranty is voided if any other plate is used. Our plate matches the hole pattern. Ski is not designed to be drilled into for binding mounting.
||Up to 110 lbs
Ski size is loosely based on your height and weight. The chart above gives a good, general reference point to start at. Ability, potential growth, and potential ability also matter with regards to ski size. If you are unsure about what size to choose, please check the button and fill out our questionnaire and we can offer you our advice about what size ski we recommend.
Beginner kids as small as 40lbs can ski on the 41". We recommend starting on a larger ski and growing into it as your ability progresses. The better your ability, the smaller the ski you may want to choose. You sacrifice speed with a larger ski size, but gain more stability and consistency with a larger ski. With a larger ski, you can also keep the boat speed down, which produces better wakes and makes falling less traumatic for the small skier.
Binding Mounting Measurements
Below, we offer a position of your hardshell boot placement based on testing with our skiers. This placement is determined by measure from the heel of the boot to the tail of the ski. If you are using a hardshell boot, you can start at this measurement and then fine-tune from here.
||Hardshell Position (Heel to Tail)
If you are using another style of binding, you can follow these recommendations.
- Find your inside ankle bone in you front boot.
- Mark this spot on the plate binding.
- This is your ankle centerline.
- Find the centerline of your ski.
- Start by mounting your binding so that your ankle bone is placed at .25" ahead of center.
Mounting Rear Plate
Start by mounting your rear plate using the center hole of the 3 locations. Experiment with this position to see if you want to mount your rear closer or if you want to separate them more. Angle is preference. We recommend approximately 45-degree angle. More than that will make your reverse wrap position harder to hold.
Mounting for Hands Only
Experiment with separating foot placement on the ski. Move your front foot further forward and create more space between the front and rear foot. This will allow more stability, leverage, and power.
Please use the screws provided with your trick ski (8-32X1/2Phil Flat Screw 18-8) to mount the bindings. Use of other types of screws may strip your inserts. Only use a hand screwdriver to tighten the screws to avoid cross threading of your screws and inserts.
Do not drill into ski to mount bindings. There is no support to hold screws or inserts in locations other than standard inserts.